[GEMPAK #BYN-205921]: gdgrib2

>it appears that some editing needs to be done on
>g2vars tables .. note the ouput below from a sample gdgrib2 run..
>
>' [GB -27] Unrecognized Product Definition Template number 4.20. '
>near bottom
>
>http://unidata2.bgsu.edu:81/gridtest/test.txt
>
>the failed parm I have noticed is cld06 for vcords of none, mcly, lcly etc..

Patrick,

The GEMPAK parameter name CLD06 is created based on the  parameter name CLD
which is in the table, and an average/acculumation/interval time of 6 hours
that is being tacked on to identify this variable uniquely according to
the original decoder template (4.8) which specified a sampling/valid period.

You are going to have to use GFUNC=cld06//cld to enable the program to
use the CLD parameter name from the table, or specify the category 6 and
parameter 1
in the appropriate location field of G2PDT.

But you will also have to supply the PDT information if you want the 6 hour
time information to
be encoded into the variable. If your don't need that, you can use G2PDT =0|
which will encode the value as an instantaneous CLD value at F012. In reality,
the CLD06 is the pecentage clouds that would statistically occur in the 6 hour
time range.

Otherwise, you would have to set G2PDT = 8|..... with the time values
of the 4.8 template appropriately set to create the 6 hour interval. I
haven't gone through the exercise of figuring out all template values required
express template 4.8 (though it is in the GRIB2 documentation).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: BYN-205921
Department: Support GEMPAK