Re: nex2image and displaying output in NCEP N-AWIPS

Gregg,

Here is a quick pipe program to flip the 99 in to 10 (goes 7),
which will be treated as ID=33 in imgtyp.tbl:

--------------------giniid.c----------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>

main()
{
int isinit=!0;
size_t nbytes;
unsigned char buf[8192];

while ( ( nbytes = read(STDIN_FILENO, buf, (size_t)8192) ) > 0 )
   {
   if ( isinit )
      {
      if ( buf[22] == 99 ) buf[22] = (unsigned char)10;
      isinit = 0;
      }
   write(STDOUT_FILENO, buf, nbytes);
   }

}

run the program as: cat inputgini | giniid > output gini

I can now plot the image using the imgtyp.tbl entry:
RADAR                N0R           0    105     33  2**26      1 upc_rad24.tbl

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support