Re: 20060120: 20060119: 20060118: 20060117: GEMPAK decoder installation

I see that you want your $GEMDATA directory to be /home/data/gempak.
But, instead of hardcoding that into every gempak pqact.conf line,
I suggest you create a symbolic link from the data tree under the ~ldm user
to that location. The pattern files I provide all
use "data/gempak/" as a relative location. The pqact process run by the LDM
will use this relative to the ~ldm/ directory. If you currently have a
~ldm/data directory, then you will probably find that your gridded
data has been going to ~ldm/data/gempak/models and not your /home/data/gempak
tree. That is because the dcgrib2 decoder will use the $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl
file for naming its output files.

BTW, I am not getting any gridded data. Or, I can't find it.

- Re-create your pqact.gempak file using the gen_pqact.csh.

- Stop your ldm.

- Assuming your ~ldm/ directory has a data directory (which is where ldm.pq
resides),
 that is not linked to /home/data:

 remove (or move) the ~ldm/data/gempak directory. I suspect you will find your
decoded
 models data directory in there. If you want, you could move these to the other
directory,
 or just remove the entire tree and let the incoming data populate the files.

 create a symbolic link to /home/data/gempak to ~ldm/data/gempak
  --- that would look like:
      cd ~ldm/data
      ln -s /home/data/gempak .

- restart your LDM

This is done. Still, the only thing that works is the weather text
on weather2.admin.niu.edu, the machine that will be my primary GEMPAK machine.

If you generate a single pqact.gempak configurationh file, then your ldmd.conf
action for EXEC'ing the pqact doesn't need to specify a subset of feeds (no -f).
If you use the separate gempak pqact files, then you might be able to improve
performance by using the subsetted feeds for each pqact process (you can try
that later).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Hmmm. Is there any chance you could log in and see my etup on weather2?
login is gempak; password, areafiles. LDM login is ldm; password, backup.
I have no clue what could be wrong. I followed the directions minus the few soft links I made...

E-mail: address@hidden                                  ***