[GEMPAK #KXO-725985]: Semctl: Invalid argument

Chirag,

Your error message: "semctl: Invalid argument" is likely coming from
the semctl semaphore call which tries to obtain the message queue id
of an existing gplt or device driver process.

Are you using the binary distribution I provide?
It was compiled under FC3, but runs fine on my FC4 and FC4_64 machines here.
If you built locally, then we might want to explore the gcc and glibc on your
system for a
broken semunion.

I see your script does call gpend, but is it possible that your script has
bombed
in the past and left gplt processes hanging? See the output from "ipcs".
If necessary, run the cleanup script in $NAWIPS/bin. Check for
old gplt and gif processes in your /bin/ps output.

Also, Make sure your Gemenviron that you are sourcing is the 5.9.1 version and
your $NAWIPS is correctly set. If the programs connected to a gplt from an
older distribution due to an incorrect GEMEXE variable, that would be
problematic
as the older distribution prior to including the SUNY-Albany speedpatch did not
use the
semaphore.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support