[GEMPAK #FLG-974902]: Gempak - GEMPAK to IDV conversion?

>Steve,
>
>Thanks - I ended up writing a perl script to automate the GDGRIB export,
>and as long as the parameters are WMO standards, the resulting GRIB file
>converts cleanly with gribtonc and displays perfectly in IDV!
>
>John

John,

Great. Since the NetCDF formats are so variable, maintaining one converter
would be tricky.
Since IDV is able to read GRIB directly, I believe that Don Murray will be
contacting
you regarding that aspect in IDV if it saves you steps from converting with
gribtonc.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: FLG-974902