[GEMPAK #YCE-717567]: Question on GDPLOT (well, 2)

Gerry,

I didn't get your .nts file attachments.

In answer to your question 1), there isn't a target in the gdplot2 Makefile to
build a gdplot2_gif,
but, it is very simple to add this into the Makefile. I have attached an update
for
$GEMPAK/source/prograns/gd/gdplot2/Makefile

Replace the current gdplot2 Makefile, and then build with:
cd $GEMPAK/source/prograns/gd/gdplot2/Makefile
make programs_gif
make clean

2) Your graphic doesn't have a map, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

To define the display of a gridded data set using the CED projection, set the
parameter
PROJ=ced instead of DEF or whatever other projection you are using.

If you want to interpolate your grid from a different projection to CED points,
you can do that using GDDIAG, such that a CED display of the grid will have the
interpolated
point locations on straight rows/columns.

Note that anytime you display a grid in something other than its native
projection, the
rows and columns will not necessarily look straight!

If you want to send me your .nts input, I'll see what you are doing,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: YCE-717567
Department: Support GEMPAK