[GEMPAK ~PUO-682527]: Gempak - changing max number of input times in gdstat

Thomas Milewski Posted on 20060118.0849 MST
Institution: McGill University
Package Version: 5.8.3a
Operating System: cygwin under windows XP
Hardware Information: fast enough
Inquiry: Hi,
as the subject states, I am looking for a way to change the maxinmum number of
times that you can input in gdstat to compute average, stddev ...
The present limit seems to be 1000 times and I need way more than that.
Thanks for your time,
Thomas

Steve Chiswell Posted on 20060118.0945 MST
Thomas,

The parameter LLMXGT defined in $GEMPAK/include/gemprm.h and GEMPRM.PRM has a
default value of 1000
for the maximum number of grid times. If you change this value, you will need to
do a complete "make distclean" (which removes the libraries in $GEMLIB compiled
with the old size definition), and then a fresh build of the package.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

address@hidden Posted on 20060118.1318 MST
Steve,

I just tried that, the 'make distclean' and then 'make && make install' but the
upper limit that I modified hasn't changed in gdstat. Is there something I
forgot ?

Thomas

Quoting Unidata GEMPAK Support <address@hidden>:

> Thomas,
>
> The parameter LLMXGT defined in $GEMPAK/include/gemprm.h and GEMPRM.PRM has a
> default value of 1000
> for the maximum number of grid times. If you change this value, you will need
> do a complete "make distclean" (which removes the libraries in $GEMLIB
> compiled
> with the old size definition), and then a fresh build of the package.
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: PUO-682527
> Department: Support GEMPAK

Steve Chiswell Posted on 20060119.1245 MST
Thomas,

The current distribution of GEMPAK 5.9.1 includes a major
grid library rewrite, so the old version of 5.8.3a you are running
may have other limitations. Can you try the increased LLMXGT changes
using the
current version?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

address@hidden Posted on 20060119.1250 MST

That's what I am trying, however, the directory branching has changed. in the
previous version all programs (ex: gdstat, gdcntr) were in
GEMPAKversion/bin/cygwin/ but this directory doesn't exist anymore and I just
can't locate the programs...
Do you have an idea on why is that ?

Thomas

Quoting Unidata GEMPAK Support <address@hidden>:

> Thomas,
>
> The current distribution of GEMPAK 5.9.1 includes a major
> grid library rewrite, so the old version of 5.8.3a you are running
> may have other limitations. Can you try the increased LLMXGT changes
> using the
> current version?
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: PUO-682527
> Department: Support GEMPAK

Steve Chiswell Posted on 20060119.1255 MST
Thomas,

The $GEMEXE definition changed in 5.8.4 to $NAWIPS/os/${NA_OS}/bin so
that all the external packages that are built can be installed under the
same os specific tree.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Steve Chiswell Posted on 20060119.1258 MST