20060109: Converting MCIDAS images to GEMPAK format for Garp (cont.)

>From: Nancy Selover <address@hidden>

Hi Nancy,

re: getting image files to work in Garp
>Thank you.  I re-named them with the names Garp expects, and
>they work great.

Excellent.  I must admit that I was supposed to send you a follow-up
note advising you to rename the files to match what Garp expects/needs,
but I forgot.  I am glad that you figured this out!

>I am also downloading some Archive Level III nexrad data from NCDC's
>archive.  I am still downloading and untarring, but do you know whether
>I have to decode or anything other than re-name these products?

You shouldn't have to do any decoding of these products.  Of course,
you will need to pay attention to the file naming that Garp/GEMPAK
needs.

>Thanks again.

No worries.