ssnwait routine

Ron and Kevin,

I'll ammend my previous support reply about the ssnwait.f routine which
calls:
CALL CSSLEEP  ( nanosec, ier )

Here, the nanosec value is defined in GEMPRM.PRM
PARAMETER       ( NANOSEC = 59999999 )

By passing this parameter value to cssleep as "long *nanosec",
the gcc compiler is treating the quantity as a modifiable quantity
which seems to confuse the optimizer in certain cases.

Even though the cssleep routine does not modify the value, it could-
which is a runtime error seen in several Garp routines recently,
so I've modified the ssnwait.f routine as follows:

        nsecval = nanosec
        CALL CSSLEEP  ( nsecval, ier )

I haven't seen Christian's error here, but he may want to try
that possibility to see if that is related or not.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support