I'd be willing to give it a try, but I've not been able to run the recent binary packages because of the library incompatabilities I mentioned in my previous email. If the directory structure is the problem, what changes do I need to make?

From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

--------------030302090402040102050708

I was using the GFS grids as an example.  We get the same results (or
lack thereof) with the ETA, MRF, RUC, ECMWF, and UK Met grids.

Unidata Support wrote:
Mark,

You might want to check the Garp_defaults entry for the thinned grid gfs
model key, the associated fdf, and the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl template
entry.

One problem with Garp's use of modelkeys is that matches any substring-
which can cause confusion. This is better accomplished through the
datatype.tbl templates.

In $GARPHOME/config/datatype.tbl, check the model key that is being used
for the first data set "thinned grids". I'd suggest changing this to
gfsthin to avoid conflicts with any other data sets that have "gfs" in them.

In $GARPHOME/fdf/scalar and $GARPHOME/fdf/vector, link or move the
"thin" directories to "gfsthin".

In $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl, set up a datatype GFSTHIN that
locates your thinned grids.

Let me know if this helps.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support