20051201: NetCDF decoder pqact entries (cont.)

>From: Mark Seefeldt <address@hidden>

Hi Mark,

re: pqact.netcdf file was in DOS format
>Yeah, I just spent another 15 minutes trying to figure out this mystery.
>So far I have been unsuccessful.  UGH!

Did you download the file using a Windows machine?

re: run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck -p ~ldm/etc/pqact.gempak'

>I did not, but I'll try to add this to my commonly used process.

>Just to give you a heads up, the reason why I am doing all of this work
>for the North America data is because I am using it as a learning tool
>to handle the Antarctic data.  My plans are to set up the decoders for
>NetCDF and GEMPAK to work with the Antarctic stream in the near future.

I figured that you were probably doing the prep work for eventual use
in your Antarctic studies :-)