sfcntr

Since i'm having hardware issues on one of my machines, I decided to
move some of the automted scripts to a different machine... when attempting
to run the scripts on the newer machine using gempak 5.8.3a i receive
segmenation faults that did not occur on the older machine using
gemapak 5.8.2a. The first script I tried was a simple sfcntr for tmpf.

http://weather.bgsu.edu/test/test.gif

note that it will plot the temps but not contour them... and in
looking through the email archives I note plymouth state had a similar
problem in late october:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04248.html

so.. since problems were described with NCEP changes and that
a new binary was needed, I redownloaded and installed (binary)
gempak 5.8.3a 'assuming' that the updated sfcntr binary would be
uploaded to the distros, but the same problem is occuring...

please help.

hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving :)

--pat