Re: 20050816: netcdf libraries

Hi Steve,

    I'd like to take a look at your dcreanal2.  Where can I find it?  Do I need a more recent version than GEMPAK 5.7.4?  It seems much easier to use your program than deal with libraries.

    Also, do you have a mailing list to notify users of the availibility of GEMPAK updates?  If so, I'd like to add myself to the list.

You give the greatest support, Dorothy.

Unidata Support wrote:
Dorothy,

The IRIX configuration of GEMPAK 5.8.3a is to build (using C99)
the default library configuration (n32 or o32) of your system.
Also, the GEMPAK distribution builds its own libnetcdf.a which
will be compatible with itself and installs in $NAWIPS/netcdf/irix/lib.
At that point, you only have to build a udunits library again using the
default library format of your system.

I do provide dcreanal2 in the GEMPAK distribution for converting reanalysis
data as well, but you probably have particular configurations of your
own program to maintain.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support