20050809: gpnids & STI

Patrick,

>From: "Patrick L. Francis" <address@hidden>

>> If you want to plot STI, then you have to download the STI data.
>
>I'm sorry, I did not see that mentioned in the pdf docs.

The full Level II data set is available via the NWS multicast
subscription, as well as the WSI LDM broadcast. Or, you can
ftp the other products from the NWS. You have ranges of options.

>> These products are not on the NOAAPORT broadcast at this time.
>
>Are they in the Level II? I certainly have the pipe / crunching
>power... but have not fired it up yet.

The Level II feed is "data" (reflectivity, velocity, spectrum width),
rather than derived PUP products (eg Level III products).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support