20050713: Trouble Converting NCEP Reanalysis To Gempak

Matt,

The maximum number of grid times in a GEMPAK grid file is defined
by LLMXGT at build time (in $GEMPAK/include/GEMPRM.PRM and
gemprm.h) by default as 1000. It sounds like your grids are every
6 hours (eg 4 per day), so you are hitting 1000 grid times at
September 8.

Decode to monthly files rather than a single yearly file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support