20050627: [Fwd: Re: FL_WRIT and perror]

Kevin,

I added the perror while trying to track down the limitations
of the pgf77 compilers. Some people wanted to use something
other than g77, and the pgf77 compiler had a limitation that
you could not open the same file more than once (which GEMPAK does).
The perror was necessary to get the 901 translation by the pg compiler.
That was an internal fortran runtime STATUS error, and not the type of thing
ththat the ER_ library would know about.

There was no error message there previously, and you can remove it,
or comment it out as you need for your work.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport