[Fwd: 20050512: Missing MOS Products]

--- Begin Message ---
  • Subject: 20050512: Missing MOS Products
  • Date: 12 May 2005 13:43:34 -0600
Patrick,

The MRF and AVN MOS decoders were replaced by dcxmos and dcgmos in
the 5.7.1 release, and the pqact.conf templates for decoders:
$NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in
does not have references in it to the legacy dcmmos, dcmosm, dcamos and
dcmosa decoders, but does have:

#
# Decoder for GFS MOS
#
WMO     ^(FOUS2[1-6]|FOAK3[7-9]|FOPA20)
        PIPE    decoders/dcgmos
        -d data/gempak/logs/dcgmos.log
        -e GEMPAK=@GEMPAK@
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        data/gempak/mos/YYYYMMDDHH_gmos.gem
#
# Decoder for GFSX MOS
# Use GEMPAK in datatype.tbl to find climo tables
#
WMO     ^(FEUS2[1-6]|FEAK3[7-9]|FEPA20)
        PIPE    decoders/dcxmos -v 2
        -d data/gempak/logs/dcxmos.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        -e GEMPAK=@GEMPAK@
        data/gempak/mos/YYYYMMDDHH_xmos.gem

GEMPAK5.7.1 release announcement 4/8/04:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gembud-list/msg00772.html

Are you looking at the 5.8.1 $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.decoder.in
and/or run the gen_pqact.csh script? for your updated entries?

The WMO headers were substantially revamped last November 9 and
included in the 5.7.4 release as well as an interim update for
the pqact entries.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

--- End Message ---