20050426: _gf programs

Clint,

Since the _gf programs are connecting to an X server, are your scripts
setting the DISPLAY? And if so, are you running xvfb for a
virtual server? Are they truecolor?

The xdpyinfo does look the same, but I'm wondering if
that is for your :0.0 DISPLAY, rather than the xvfb display
that the script would contact? Running ntl does allocate the
color table, which would create the shared color space but
I don't know at this point why it wouldn't fail too.

You can run the freeColors utility to see if that shows any differences.
Don't know if Xfree86 patches are differentr on the machines.
My Linux machine in my office is FedoraCore 3, which reports
that its X server is X.org 6.8.1 rather than Xfree86 that you have.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support