Re: Garp model output problems

Nathan,

Your file path in your error string:
/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.8.1/gempak/data/ldm/gempak/model/eta/

seems to say you have created an "ldm/gempak/model/eta" directory
under the distribution gempak tree. That is probably the source of the
trouble. If you use the GEMDATA definition which is
in the original Gemenviron file example (which is commented out in the
distribution), then your GEMDATA path should be:
/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.8.1/gempak/data
That is aka $GEMPAK/data

and the MODEL variable would be:
/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.8.1/gempak/data/model
aka $GEMDATA/model

You need to be consistent in use of GEMDATA and MODEL since
the distribution $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl file that will be used
to locate the files depends on those definitions.

If you still have trouble, please provide me with your Gemenviron file
as well as the pathnames to your data files.

GEMPAK handles byte order difference when opening the files.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support