20050323: Gempak - Land mask for eta-212 gempak grid ???

Kevin,

The ETA 212 grids contain LAND/SEA mask which in
the grid file is LAND on a coordinate of NONE and
level of 0. For example:
GFUNC = mask(sltk,sgt(land@0%none,0))

Gempak also provides 2 grid functions (see phelp gfunc)
LAND and SEA for masks of land and sea so you can do
GFUNC=mask(sltk,land) even if you don't have those
grids in your data set. Of course, you may prefer to use the
1/0 mask that is provided with your original data. The
GEMPAK functions will generate a landsea grid from $GEMTBL/grid/landsea.tbl
to match the grid in the calculation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support