serious issues with GEMPAK5.7.4 (GARP) and model data

I just installed GEMPAK 5.7.4 on two Solaris 10 x86 machines and am having
serious
intermittent issues with GARP under both the Unidata x86 binary and locally
compiled versions.

If you select an area, say Texas, and then select any model that has 10
meter winds, then use HGHT/10 and plot wind barbs.  Then select Isotachs
(knts) and use the More button to plot the value at that grid point.  If you
do this about 20 times (alosing and opening GARP each time) then on a large
portion of those it will plot either zeros for the wind value, or bogus
numbers
(like 62 where a 5 knot barb is indicated).  Staring GARP from the command
line shows no errors written to the terminal.

I copied the GEMPAK5.7.2p2 GARP binary over to 5.7.4 $GEMEXE and it seems to
be okay.  I also could not duplicate the problem using gdplot.  It only
seems to happen under GARP.  I don't have any Linux systems to test this
under.  ImpactWether is 100% Solaris now.

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax