20050223: Level II Archived Data

Robert,

Sure, a simple csh script could be:

#!/bin/csh
# assuming 4 letter station IDs beginning with "K" just to
# not randomly grab files in a directory....but if nothing
# else exists in the directory, then just `ls` would work.

set FILES=`ls K*`

foreach FILE ($FILES)
   echo "renaming $FILE"
   set SITE=`echo $FILE | cut -c1-4`
   set DATTIM=`echo $FILE | cut -c5-17`
   set NEWNAME=${SITE}_${DATTIM}
   mv $FILE $NEWNAME
end

Save the above to a file, and make it executable with
"chmod a+x radarrename.csh"

Then run it in your data directory.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport