Re: eta grids

John,

The HDS feed is what is broadcast on NOAAPORT, and only
the ETA 218 grids (boundary layers only) go to F084
on the NWSTG channel. The NWSTG2 channel which is being
sent on the new DVB-S NOAAPORT provides ETA218 (in GRIB2)
to F084 at boundary and pressure levels- we are
putting thie NWSTG2 grids into the NGRID feedtype which
will become a standard feed when the NWS finishes the
DVB-S transition. You can get the NGRID feed now
from idd.unidata.ucar.edu (all data is GRIB2, and
contains ETA218 to F084 and DGEX from F090 to F192
along with alaska sectors and some NDFD grids).

Other than that, the option would be to get the ETA from CONDUIT
where the ETA212 and ETA104 are the full model runs that you
find on the NWS FTP servers.

Let me know if you need more information or LDM configuration
information.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support