20050106: [Fwd: Question about piping data to gpmap]

Dan,

Your plotting script calls /home/dan/test.csh which you haven't included,
but I'm assuming its purpose is tread the radar data from stardard input
of the script and write it out to the appropriate file. Otherwise,
use EXEC instead of PIPE if the script isn't going to read the data
from the PIPE.

Since your process being invoked by the LDM probably isn't allowed to
display to your X server, your DISPLAY to localhost:0 won't accept the
gf driver connection unless your X server is logged in to, and have run
xhost to allow connections from all users on your system.

Solutions here are to use the "gif" device which does not require an X server,
or createa virtual X server using Xvfb and use that as the display to draw to.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support