20041213: 20041213: 20041210: GEMPAK won't view "mrf"

>From: Nancy Selover <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>       Okay.  In order to avoid missing satellite imagery for my
>archive, can I add an archive cron script to run every 1/2 hour to copy
>and gzip the latest satellite images from each folder to the archive
>folder in gojira?  Then, as the images are scoured out to leave only the
>latest 10 images, I won't miss anything in the archive.  I still have
>the script command to locate the latest image based on time.

Nancy,

sure, you can do that.

Another approach would be to run a script half hourly that
would list the contents of the image directory and
then for each image time there, see if it existed in your archive,
and if not copy it over and gzip it. Usually somparing, you
would just have  to compare the root name (eg the :r part since your
archive files would have a .gz appended to them).
I suggest that was since if you only do the latest each half hour, then
you could have gaps if the cron didn't run over a period of time for
some reason- like gojira was down, while mothra was still up collecting
data.

Steve