20041209: 20041208: Updating pqact.conf after installing GEMPAK5.7.4

Nancy,

A "tail -40" on mothra shows you have periodically filled
up your disk. When the disk is full, the creation of
a new file fails, so there were a number of 0 length files
which I removed (the zero length files were not writable as
GEMPAK files, so that would be a cause of you're misisng METARs).

The LDM scour can be used for the NWX directory. However, your crontab
is running a "rem_nwx.csh" with hardcoded directory names.
Since this script doesn't do the archiving, I'll configure
the ~ldm/etc/scour.conf and implement "ldmadmin scour"
and comment out the rem_nwx.csh script from crontab..

Your arches2.csh script has a few bad nwx paths as well which
will need to be fixed.

The directory for models is $GEMDATA/models/ where each model is
located in a separate directory, eg:
$GEMDATA/models/eta, $GEMDATA/models/ruc, $GEMDATA/model/gfs etc
rather than having all model files sitting  in $GEMDATA/models.
That is what I was referring to as would break with the rem_hds.csh script.

I'll make a first pass and ensure gojira is configured correctly.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport