Re: dpyinfo on gojira

Nancy,

Yes, this shows you are using 8 bit color.

Several issues here:

1) you should be launching "ntl" to create a shared color map,
and then using that to launch garp. Ntl will tell you in advance
if you do not have enough colors. Otherwise, each program will try
to allocate its own colors, and in 8 bit, you just don't have that many.

2) You could run your X server with the default display set to
24 bits. This would enable your users to run gempak, browsers, and
other applications without getting the "flash" when switchingamong
applications.

Is Garp only crashing when loading model data for cross sections, or
other data too? I need to know if you are launching Garp from ntl
though.

Steve Chiswell