20041116: Plotting Additional Surface Data

Dave,

In the GEMPAK tutorial, I have an example of the format for an ascii surface
file (eg the format produced by SFLIST) which can then be read using
SFEDIT into a file created by SFCFIL:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/importing_exercises.html

See the "Data File" link, and an example of a station table using the format
described at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/station_tables.html

Once you have created a station tables, you can use SFCFIL to create a surface
file- specifying the parameters that will be found in your data
file in the SFPARM parameter. Then, use SFEDIT to import the ascii data into
the GEMPAK file.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support