20041104: Gempak - missing libraries?

Owen,

You are using a very old version of RedHat linux, and
the problem you are having is that you have not updated your
gcc/glibc environment. The binary distribution was compiled
here under Fedora Core 1 with gcc 3.3.2:

gcc version 3.3.2 20040108 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-6)

You can update your gcc and glibc environment through your rpm.

Otherwise, you could compile the distribution from source
using your gcc and g77 compilers.

If you are not keeping up your gcc and glibc up to date,
hoefully you are keeping your system patched with security fixes
since older/unpatched versions of RedHat are very suseptible to hacking.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support