20041103: NIDS alphanumeric graphic products

Robert et al.,

These products (STI, NME, NHI, VTV, DPA, NVW) can be displayed in
NMAP2 as from the image selection widget, but not overlaid onto other
images at this time because NMAP2 is configured to a single image type
selection. Note that when displaying the NVW (Vad Wind) product, you
will want to turn off the map & latlon lines in the NMAP2 Map dialog!

You can however, overlay these alphanumeric products onto images using
the command line GEMPAK programs.

To overlay thracks, hail, mesocyclones etc onto imagery, creation of a
VGF for use in NMAP2 is possible as Robert mentions:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/examples/nmap2/gempak_storm_example.gif

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support