20040929: Gempak - Bug in GDWIND

Steve,

It appears that the "clear" screen is called after the panel
input is defined and the box draw. This affects the xw
driver as well. I see that the gdplot2 program works as
youi would expect also, so would suggest that as the workaround
if you are drawing boxes around your region etc. since it
combines the functionality of gdplot (gdcntr, gdwind) as
well as gdstream and gdmap.

I'll forward this on to NCEP to see about a resolution of the problem,
but it still exists in the 5.7.3 distribution I am packaging for release.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support