20040924: Flattening satellite projections

Dana,

GEMPAK cannot reproject satellite imagery. It can only display and
sector in the projection of the data. The UNIWISC IDD data is in the native
satellite projection, while the NIMAGE GINI data is in remapped lambert
confromal projection over the CONUS, so that is the projection that the
image will be shown in.

The FNEXRAD grib data can be overlaid on a satellite image from
gdplot2 in the satellite projection such as the lambert mentioned above,
as one possibility.
Otherwise to remap an image into another projection, you'd need to go through
McIDAS.

Steve Chiswell