20040831: Level 2 radar

Jimmy,

The color bar levels are determined from the data itself and
the number of levels specified in the $GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl file
with the associated color table that the user selects.

That is, the number of colors in the color table, and the data range
will determine the values of the color bar labels. More color
values, more labels. The default color table in imgtyp.tbl for
spectrum width is the same as the veolocity plot, eg
$GEMTBL/luts/upc_velimg.tbl.
This could be cahnged to a different table with more or less colors (up to 95
colors generally for the default ntl invocation) which will effect the number
of label values in the bar.

I have added the processing of the "frequency" attribute in IMCBAR
for GEMPAK 5.7.3 to control the number of labels so that the color bar
legend can be configured by the user as needed.

There is no direct way to specify a range value for the data levels to be
plotted.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport