Re: 20040903: NMAP2 (ATCF)

I found the problem.

/usr/local/nawips/gempak/tables/config/miscset.tbl

Under the ATCF section, apparently there were too many entries.

I replaced it with a new version and it worked. The older version
had alot more models listed.

Mike
Michael Dross                             address@hidden
Duke Power Company                  Meteorologist/Scientist
9700 David Taylor Dr.               Voice: 704-594-0341
Charlotte, NC 28269                       Mobile: 980-722-0756

|         |           Unidata Support  |
|         |           <support@unidata.|
|         |           ucar.edu>        |
|         |           09/03/2004 06:18 |

  |       To:       Michael W Dross <address@hidden>
                                          |
  |       cc:       address@hidden
                                 |
  |       Subject:  20040903: NMAP2 (ATCF)

Mike,

If my previous suggestion doesn't solve your trouble,
I have a pre-release tarfile of my linux binary that is
working fine for ATCF on my workstation today:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/214/gempak_upc5.7.3_linux.tar.gz

This is a daily snapshot build and will change for the final release
when work is complete.

Steve Chiswell

>From: Michael W Dross <address@hidden>

>Greetings all..
>
>I am running NMAP2 5.7.2p2  and when ever I select data source MISC ->
ATCF
>nmap2 core dumps.
>
>I checked the /usr/local/nawips/gempak/tables/config/datatype.tbl file
>and the entry for ATCF looks normal:
>
>ATCF         $GEMDATA/atcf             aa*YYYY .dat              CAT_MSC
>SCAT_NIL   -1    2880    360
>
>It core dumps with a valid atcf file (aal062004.dat) in the $GEMDATA/atcf
>and it dumps if the
>directory is empty. The permission's for $GEMDATA/atcf are fine.
>
>Does this crash anyone else's NMAP2?
>
>Thanks for any help...
>
>Mike

>Michael Dross                             address@hidden
>Duke Power Company                  Meteorologist/Scientist
>9700 David Taylor Dr.               Voice: 704-594-0341
>Charlotte, NC 28269                       Mobile: 980-722-0756

 <
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program <
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307 <
 <