20040610: 20040610: 20040609: Gempak: plotting surface file in NMAP - follow up questi

Steve,
I had a tab in the datatype.tbl file, doh! Sorry to waste your time with such a trivial problem. I also had "NEW" for the path instead of "new", but that was only in the example I sent you.
Thanks again,
-Mike

--------snip-----------
>Mike,
>
>I was able to view your data in 5.7.2p2. Did you copy your prmlst.tbl
>and datatype.tbl entries for the dataset "NEW" so that both versions
>had the same information in the tables? It seems like either your datatype.tbl
>entry is incorrect (check spaces, exact columns, not tabs), or you have the
>directory as $GEMDATA/NEW. I used $GEMDATA/new since I always use lower case.
> don't know if that would be any problem, but double check.
>
>At any rate, in the data window, select "set time" for May 11, 2004, I chose
>15Z there, and the time line was populated for a loop of data. The range/int
>should be correct for hourly data based on the datatype.tbl values.
>
>Steve Chiswell

Mike Voss
Department of Meteorology
San Jose State University