20040519: nmap2 hangs on startup

Eric,

There is no nmap(1) executable since version 5.6.m, and it is not
on the ntl launcher bar, so it you have the icon on ntl,
then you are not running 5.7.2p2 at that point, and you mnay have
some confusion in your path envrionmental variable and other
variables set from Gemenviron.

If you unpacked the binary distribution, it would have
created a GEMPAK5.7.2 directory with bin/linux underneath,
so that the executable directory would not have nmap(1) in it, and it
couldn't be in your old bin/linux directory.

If you are in fact launching the old version of nmap2, then it would be
likely that changes in the tables would cause big problems.

Steve CHiswell
Unidata User Support