20040430: archive Level II data and GEMPAK

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>I have occasionally gotten archived data from the ftp accounton motherlode.
>The other day I was looking for some radar data and found that their is
>archived
>Level II data there.    We would like to ftp over a few files at times (just
>a few) to
>just look at the Level II as we haven't had that opportunity.   Does the
>data
>on motherlode need to be pass through gpnexr2?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

The files are in the raw "bz2" format from the CRAFT datastream.
You need to pipe the les through dcnexr2 setting the -s KXXX station
ID (eventually when all the sites go to build 5 of theRPG, you won't have to
do that. See the $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/templates/pqact.gempak_craft example
if you need one.

Once in the standard un-bz2 format, you can use nexr2rhi, gpnexr2,
or NMAP to view.

Steve CHiswell