20040429: watch/warning polygons vs counties?

Gerry,

GEMPAK has the capability of displaying affected watch counties as
the outline box, as the individual county polygons, or the centroid
marker. Similarly for warnings (polygon or markers).

In NMAP2, see the MISC items WTCH, WARN, WSTM (and WOU and WCN).
The configuration for each can be controlled by clicking on the
Edit source button which allows you to configure the county
outline color, line type, width etc and/or markers, labeling etc.

These same features exist in GPMAP for scripting of course.
See the PHELP on each for turning on/of features.

And of couse, you can always use BND to fill individual polygons for
your own interest using the $GEMTBL/bounds fields.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support