20040427: Gempak - Linux (Slackware 9.1) - Upgrade from 5.6.M to 5.7.1

Michael,

When you unpack the binary tarfile, it will create a new 5.7.1 subdirectory.

I traditionally unpack the files in ~gempak, and maintain a symbolic link
of NAWIPS in that directory to the current distribution I want to run.

You will still have to merge in any changes you made to tables
within the new distribution, but by maintaining a separate tree, you
can do that while keeping your current version running.

For more information about the setup I described above, see:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/Install_GEMPAK5.7.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support