20040319: Gempak - Solaris 8 - decoding drops with dcuair

Megan,

This sounds like you either don't have enough stations allowed in your
created file, or you have run out of time slots. my guess is that your
drops10.txt has more than 24 hours worth of data....for example,
in SNLIST, using DATTIM=list, you may see times from the previous day.

The best way to work with this is to use the YYYYMMDD template
in your output file name, instead of test.gem. This way, each file will
have one day or 24 hours in the file. If you need to combine the data into
a single file later, then you can use SNMERG to copy multiple files
into a single file, but at least with the decoder, in order to accomplish
the hourly bins with -m 24, the initial step should be daily files.

The other p[ossibility would be you are allowing space for 1000 additional
stations (the -a flag) in your data set....and since you have dropsondes,
they won't be in the snstns.tbl file. Depending on the number of dropsondes
you have, you may need to increase that.....but that wouldn't be likely for
broadcast data....but would be more likely if you had field experiment data.

Steve Chiswell