20040316: gdtopo for current gempak?

Art,

The particular error you show is due to the fact that the PDF format
has changed since the gdtopo.pdf was created for that program.

I made a quick pass through the code and fixed the coding type mismatches
and brought it up to current (it could still use some improvement toward
the user interface and newer gemlib features).

The tarfile is available as:
ftp://gbuddy:address@hidden/nawips-5.6/contrib/gdtopo.tar.gz

In the tarfile is the code, the terrain data file, and binaries for
Linux, Solaris, and Irix. You should be able to build using the supplied
Makefile
as well.

I ran the gdtopo program with TOPOFL = terrain.gsf on each of the three
platforms as a test and created the ustopo.gem file which is
GAREA = 22;-130;57;-57

Note that the original gdtopo.README file made mention of many
limitations in the GEMPAK grid file size, but the current maximum
plottable is 400,000, and the GAREA I used was 369,217 points.

I will try to further clean this up for inclusion with the 5.7.1 release
(since the original size limitations that made the program so difficult to
work with are not so problematic anymore).

Let me know if you have problems/feedback,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support