20040314: nex2gini core dumps under Red Hat 9

Robert,

The 1km Noational mosaic I create is compressed and today less than
2MB, the uncompressed size will be 14.4 MB....but thats not the transmission
size....and you don't need to uncompress in order to use the product in gempak.

If you have a shell script that core dumps on startup common problems are with
the number of processes on your system, or the size of the user heap being too
small.
If you can't allocate enough room for the program array, then you would see a
dump.
If the core dump is the shell itself, then there is typically a user resource
issue.

Have you imposed user limits on your generating process?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support