20040309: range rings

Bruce,

One possibility is to plot your radar with GPMAP, then
use use GPANOT to draw navigated rings, eg with your PROJ=rad
and RADFIL specifying your radar file:

 SHAPE    = regpoly
 INFO     = 1/1.0/360/360
 LOCI     = #39.78;-104.53

The LOCI point would be the location of the radar. The
radius of "1" in the INFO line will draw a ring at 1.0 degrees radius
from the LOCI point (KFTG's lat/lon in this example).

To use repeatedly in your script, you could create a VGF file with the
rings drawn at the desired radii, and use that in the GPMAP parameter
VGFIL.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support