20040302: Gempak - linux - where to source Gemenviron

Jongnam,

Your attatchments came through as empty...but that shouldn't
be a problem.

You can add the "source /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/Gemenviron" command to
the .cshrc of any user that wishes to run GEMPAK.

Typically, you would not run software as "root".

Rather, if you have an account /home/jchoi for instance,
you sould add the "source /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/Gemenviron"
line to the /home/jchoi/.cshrc file.

You don't have to have the source command in your .cshrc, you can
type it at the csh command prompt. Even if your default shell
is bash, you can enter into a csh simply by typing "csh".
Then, if you have a .cshrc file in your home directory, that will be used.
Otherwise just type the "source /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/Gemenviron"
at the csh prompt and use GEMPAK.

Steve Chiswell