20031231: SEARCH

Jimmy,

To clarify, gdobscnt uses RADIUS, not SEARCH. This program was written
of observations within a certain radius. It is not doing objective analysis.
You could estimate this using RADIUS equal to SRAD as defined below.

The SEARCH parameter used in OABSFC is a number (not a distance) used to
determine if the weight contributed by a member is greater than
EXP (-SEARCH).

In $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/oa/oawfsr.f, you see that the search radius SRAD
is SEARCH * WEIGHT, eg:
SRAD = SEARCH * [ 5.051457 * ( DELTAN * 2. / PI ) ** 2 ]
as documented in the Koch reference.

Steve Chiswell