20031218: Gempak - SUN and LINUX - SNCROSS VORTICITY

>From: "Jason Shafer" <address@hidden>

>Institution: CIRP / University of Utah
>Package Version: 5.6
>Operating System: SUN and LINUX
>Hardware Information: SUN
>Inquiry: HI,
>
>    I was wondering if there was a way to plot vorticity with sncross or anoth
> er one of the sn* programs? I tried snparm = avor(obs) to no avail. Thanks fo
> r your time.
>
>Jay

Jay,
avor() is a GPARM grid function, and not valid for use as a SNPARM.

Vorticity requires a calculation of dv/dx - du/dy which is easily done
in gridded data, if you run OABSND on an uppar air data file to
produce a gridded data set.

Steve Chiswell