20031021: 20031006: gempak product tree

Carter,

I have a basic description for my tutorial:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/datatypes.html

If you are unfamiliar with various grids that are used for models,
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/examples/models/grids/

The individual restore files as referenced from mod_res.tbl from
the $NMAP_RESTORE have varying level of comments in them if
the names are not descriptive enough.

The biggest problem is maintaining a current inventory of the real-time
data stream (NOAAPORT) which provides the data most commonly used
for the IDD. The forecast hours and grids are a constant target.

Steve Chiswell