20030925: lightning data

Fred,

The programs you have and need to display the lightning data are:
o DCNLDN which you invoke through pqact.conf to decode the
  data to a GEMPAK surface file

o Any program which can display a GEMPAK surface file (eg SFMAP, NMAP2, GARP
etc)
  will display the lightning data.

The ltgmap program you refer to is an old (GEMPAK 5.2 and GEMPAK 5.4) version
of SFMAP that had larger arrays defined (since there are lots more lightning
strokes an jhour than surface stations). That is no longer necessary since
SFMAP in 5.6 has large enough arrays.

Sorry to see you leave. Good luck.

Steve Chiswell