20030804: Gempak 5.6.j core dumps

>From: address@hidden

>I have come across a weird problem with gempak.  If I try to load more then 24
>Nexrad frames with the default color scheme(enhancement), gempak will core dum
>on me every single time.  I am running redhat 9 with the binary distribution.
>was just wondering.  I can repeat the core dumps consistently.
>
>Thanks
>
>Adam Taylor
>Computing Center
>University of Louisiana at Monroe

Adam,

The binary distribution was compiled with RH 7.3.
You may need to compile the distribution locally with your 9.0
set up if it is not able to run binaries compiled with a lower version.

Most of the time, OS releases are upward compatible, but there have been
so many bugs/patches etc with 9.0 that I can't guarantee it. Have
you made all the suggested/required patches to 9.0?

Steve Chiswell