20030725: contour lines in sncross

>From: <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>Just a quick question this time, the example of the SNCROSS that you sent me s
> howed contour lines of the wind speed on it and after I change the SNFILE to
> mine I had the same contour lines on that graph, well for some reason there n
> ot there any more and I would like them back and I can't figure out how to fi
> x that.  And also will SNCROSS let me change the LEVELS to 10 - 100 mb if I w
> anted to I tried and the graph didn't change.  I figured you would do it with
>  the Y-AXIS but i couldn't get that to work either.
>
>Simple for you hard for me,
>have a good weekend,
>Dusty

Dusty,

For contour lines, specify the scalar quantity in the SNPARM variable.
To plot isotacs, you would specify SNPARM=sped or SNPARM=sknt
(for metes per second or knots respectively).

Set CINT=    (blank) or CINT=0 for the program to chose a default interval.
Set CTYPE=c for contour lines.

For the Yaxis, the ystrt (minimum level) would be 100 and the Ystop
(maximum level) would be 10 for 100mb to 10mb (where VCOORD=pres).
You may be flopping min and max (recall pressure decreases upward).

Steve Chiswell